Valentine's Day

Over the course of the last few weeks I've been grabbing a candy bar for my beautiful wife whenever the thought hits me.

Late last week, I grabbed two of them at a gas station.

It promised to be a chocolate s'mores bar.

I attempted to eat mine after lunch and one bite in I knew that something was wrong with it. The candy tasted old and stale.

Two bites later I got rid of it.

I was headed out of town so I just left Kathy's on the table in her room. She called me when she arrived.

"Oh I got a candy bar. S'mores. sounds good."

I didn't bother to tell her that it wasn't.

I mean, maybe I just got a bad one!

The next day I was driving home, and she called to check in. We were nearly done with the conversation when she said:

"Where'd you get that candy bar?"

I honestly thought she was asking because she found it amazing.

"I don't even know," I said.

"Well don't go back it was horrendous."

I laughed.

I didn't even tell her that I'd had one too. Instead I played the victim.

"I buy something nice for you, in the middle of a busy day, and you call me special to tell me how much it sucked."

I don't remember how the rest of the call went down but at the next stop there was a box of sponge candy...the prime stuff.

Yeah.

I bought it.

I left it on the cupboard and she saw it when she arrived home later on.

"I bought you sponge candy," I said.

"You did not," she answered as she held it in her hands.

And that MY FRIENDS...

...IS EXACTLY HOW VALENTINE'S DAY PLAYED OUT FOR ME EACH AND EVERY YEAR AS I TRIED TO DATE GIRLS.

What a stud.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie