Weeds, Leaves, Broken Things

Saturday was a nice day.

I could head out in shorts and had plenty to do, running errands and the such.

Every time I left the driveway I glanced at the weeds in the flower beds. Yanked a few here and there. Way too many to make a difference.

The neighbors were out, actually using a weed whacker.

We lost ours.

No one has any idea where it is.

I used the mower to clean up around the edges.

Had to open the garage to get the mower.

Bah!

We still have chunks of the old carpet in there because we’re waiting in big garbage day, which is Monday.

Did what I could...

...called my Mom.

“Poor John is out here mowing. The lawn was so high.”

“He didn’t call me,” I said. “I would’ve helped.”

Up and down the street...

...all around.

I need to buy a weed whacker.

Had enough...

...back was barking.

Went in and put on the baseball game.

The weeds ain’t going nowhere!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie