Tim Conway & Doris Day & Pancho

We lost two legends from my childhood this week.

Doris Day just always reminded me of sunshine. When I was a kid she seemed to be the prettiest woman I’d ever seen.

I remember watching her movies with Mom mostly, and then as we both aged, I read a lot about her being an animal-rights advocate. She kinda’ stepped out of the limelight, but she never really lost that luster, right?

As for Tim Conway, I watched him every week on the Carol Burnett Show, and he was, by far and away, the funniest guy on television.

Everyone talks about the scenes where he made Harvey Korman laugh until he cried...

...and I watched a couple of those clips tonight, and they were still really funny.

Just straight up, clean, physical comedy.

He also did Dorf on Golf and I remember laughing hard at that too.

Those old time stars really were different than the stars of today.

The third death this week was a rabid Bills fan.

Poncho, Ezra...

...he had a couple of different names and a few different costumes, but he was a mainstay at the Bills games.

I’m kinda’ out of the loop on Bills Game Day experiences as I haven’t been to a game since 2002, but the guy was certainly a straight-up legend, and he died too soon after battling cancer.

I saw a photo of him...

...all painted up for a big game, and it made me smile but it made me a little sad too.

He really wanted the Bills to win.

He was a respected member of the community even though he didn’t live here and his big contribution was rooting hard.

And he didn’t see them win it all.

May they all Rest In Peace.

A singer, a comedian and a super fan.

They all seemed to enjoy their days...

...and isn’t that the grand idea?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie