Prancing Through the Meadow

We’ve got a real problem here.

The grass is high.

Poor Paris is getting lost in it, but not much we can do about it.

‘Cause it keeps raining.

“Where are the dogs?” Sam asked on Friday afternoon.

“Prancing through the meadow,” I said.

“I know! I’m gonna’ power through it,” he said.

I heard the door close as he headed out.

It immediately opened again.

Sam was back in the living room.

“It’s pouring.”

No chance on getting it on Saturday either.

More rain.

The first mow of the year is a real mess.

The grass gums up the mower and it takes a long time.

“I’m not worried about it,” I said. “Because it’s your job. Someday the sun will shine and you’ll be out there all day.”

Sam thought about that a minute.

“I’ll take my chances,” he said. “I haven’t had to mow the lawn since the end of September. It’s gonna’ be at least the middle of May before I have to get it done. I haven’t done it for 7 and a half months.”

225 days since we had to mow the freaking lawn!

We better get a whole lot of sun this summer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie