“Have You Seen My....

Got a text the other morning:

“I forgot to charge my phone and didn’t bring my charger. I’m at 1%.”

The day before I was lounging around.

“Did you see the DVD remote?”

“I wouldn’t know what it is if I did see it,” I said.

“Where are my car keys?”

Day after day.

Hour after hour.

My beautiful wife is on an eternal Easter egg hunt. What she doesn’t know is that I stopped looking years ago.

“I can’t find my phone,” brings zero reaction from me.

I put things in the same place, every time. That way, when I’m looking for it, I know where to look.

But lately, one of Jake & Sam’s buddies is giving Kathy a run for her money.

Ben lost his wallet last summer.

“I had a lot of money in it,” he said. “It has to be here.”

He wanted me to get off the couch so he could look underneath. I finally got up.

“How much money?” I asked.

“Like $25,” he said.

(He’s 18).

“My credit card and ID are in there!”

It became a running joke. He ended up canceling his cards and getting a new driver’s license.

Two days later, he found the wallet under the hot tub cover in the garage.

I’ve picked up his license out of the driveway 3 times since.

I’ve found his cell phone in my car.

“Have you seen my vape pin?” He asked me the other day.

“Get the hell away from me,” I said.

He smokes a chocolate flavored cigarette, I guess.

I bring this up because on Monday evening Kathy and Sam we’re heading to the grocery store.

They headed to the car.

Then Sam came running up the stairs.

“She forgot her drink.”

Back down the stairs.

A minute later he was back.

“You see Kath’s phone?”

“Can you imagine if Kathy and Ben were a couple?” I asked.

“It would be exciting,” Jake said. “Can you imagine them walking around from room to room asking each other if they saw their shoes?”

“Doesn’t it drive you nuts?” I asked Kathy once.

“What can you do?”

Easter egg hunt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie