Backwards

There’s a whole lot of rage in play right now, and the women in this country should be royally pissed on how they’re being treated like secondhand citizens.

Abortion is one of those words that invites absolute hatred, rage and despair.

The Alabama state government brought about all of this division, and from this point of view the law is being jammed down our throats without discussion.

I’ve always shied away from discussing abortion because it isn’t my decision!

I have attended two baby deliveries.

The first pregnancy was a complete surprise. There was birth control involved, but there was an anti-biotic in play as well.

It neutralized the birth control.

I was shocked beyond belief by the reality of it all.

“What happens now?” Was the question of the day.

Abortion never entered my mind. Kathy never mentioned it, either, and I have no idea what I would have said had she brought it up.

I certainly wouldn’t have been happy had that been her decision and she would not have made such a decision without my thoughts, and feelings on full display.

My personal religious beliefs are mine. I’m not man enough to pretend that my religious beliefs are good enough for everyone else.

I find that appalling, actually.

It takes a whole lot of nerve to believe that you’re all-knowing, and that what you believe should dictate what someone else does with their time or life.

You believe that God will punish those who have an abortion?

Then let God do his job!

The founding fathers knew what they were doing when they spoke of separation of church and state.

And suddenly, science is in play?

I’ve heard all kinds of scientific evidence posed by brilliant social media scientists. They appear to have all the answers as to when life does or doesn’t begin, but bring up science in the climate change argument, and suddenly science is just a theory.

I’ve grown real weary of the hypocrisy.

All of life is precious and the constitution can be changed to protect the unborn...

...but children can be gunned down, over and over and over again, because we can’t change the constitution?

And it’s not for me to say!

I won’t ever be pregnant.

I can’t be raped and impregnated, and then be forced to carry the seed of my rapist, have a child, and then raise and love that child to an age where he’s old enough to be shot in the face while hiding in the classroom.

The country is divided.

A 46-year-old decision is going to be re-litigated, and make no mistake, it’s with an eye on changing the laws of the land.

The people who seem to be tasked with such a heady decision are old, white men.

The brilliance of the female mind...

...nowhere to be found...

...in a discussion that involves only them.

Rage.

It’s coming in spades.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie