Happy Mother’s Day!

I was in an airport store in Chicago just to check out the books and see if there was anything I was missing...

...and I nearly missed it!

‘Neon Prey’ by John Sandford.

I’ve been reading the Sandford ‘Prey’ books for a long, long time and have probably 30 of his books on my shelf. I was excited for the latest for 2 reasons:

1). I really wanted to read it

2). I was excited because I knew Mom would be fired up because she loves them too.

I considered plucking down $45 for 2 copies but then realized that it was only Tuesday and I’d most likely finish it by Sunday. I just had to be careful to not drop mustard on the pages.

(I’m always covered in mustard).

I read more than half of it before even getting home and finished it by Saturday afternoon (it’s great), and then I handed it to Mom.

She was as fired up as me.

My Mom is the reason I write.

She introduced me to reading and my love of reading made me a writer, and those two presents from her were the greatest gifts I’ve ever received.

My Mom is so very strong.

On Saturday evening we were together at the incomparable Pops’ surprise party, and with my brother, sister and buddy Mike, we kicked some really funny stories around that included Dad and Jeff.

Mom was fighting tears, and laughing in the same moment in time.

That’s another gift I received from her.

Keep going. Keep working hard. Laugh a little.

I’ve been blessed to always be surrounded by strong, smart women who battle hard for their children. My beautiful wife also fits the mold.

So, Happy Mother’s Day to all the Mom’s out there and to all who have made the trip to heaven.

Dogs and Moms should never die!

Have a wonderful day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie