Happy Anniversary: 22 Years!

There was a torrential downpour on the day of my wedding.

“What God has joined together let no man tear asunder.”

Twenty-two years changes people.

We’ve stayed pretty consistent in how we treat one another.

The one thing I remember about my wedding day was all my best men. I had so many great brothers and friends that I just couldn’t choose. They all stood up with Yankees hats on.

Except Jeff Renaldo who put on an Indians hat at the last second.

A perfect joke.

Family friend, Ward Weiser, officiated the ceremony.

“Do you come here freely, and soberly...

...that’s when everyone laughed.

(I’d only had three beers).

We were in centerfield at the North Collins Town Park.

Almost everyone I had ever met was there.

And then it rained.

But the party was epic.

A whole lot of Bruce.

Twenty-two years...

...a lot of days.

Unspeakable loss.

Undeniable worry.

Work, work, more work.

And a lot of laughs along the way too.

“It’s gone by too fast,” Kathy said. “I miss the boys being young.”

“We did good,” I said.

Then I played the new Bruce songs.

“Still got things to do.”

Life isn’t easy.

Marriage is sometimes a chore...

...and sometimes a life-line.

Happy Anniversary to my beautiful wife.

You’ve been a good companion for this part of the ride.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie