Friday Night Lights

My family watched the series, ‘Friday Night Lights’ a long time ago.

I wasn’t interested, but we like to keep a series on hand for the nights when there’s nothing going on, and because the weather still sucks.

“We’re watching it,” I was told. “It’s good. It’s a football show.”

Well, we’ve watched about half of season 1 and it’s not really a football show.

(Every game ends on a last second play. I’ve seen that happen about 3 times in watching 50 years of football).

“It’s a soap opera,” I said.

Yet, there’s Minka Kelly, and she’s an unbelievably pretty woman.

“That’s your entire review?” Kathy asked.

“That and every high school kid is about 36 years old.”

Yet, there’s no doubt that football is a way of life in Texas, and there’s a whole lot of emphasis on high school football.

And the story keeps going.

The writing is decent, the characters are like able and Minka Kelly is pretty.

They certainly touch on all the issues as well:

Racism, teenage sex, football injuries, marriage infidelities and church, church, church and more church.

That’s pretty much how it goes in Texas, right?

“There’s like 5 seasons too.”

“Oh joy.”

But, there is hope that I can avoid some of it.

Goliath has a new season coming...

...that’s the Billy Bob Thornton one.

Ozark is filming season 3...

...there will be one more Homeland...

...and I like Claire Danes even more than Minka...

...and finally...

...we may actually get back to back days over 70 degrees in the next few months.

But for now...

...it’s me and Minka.

Enjoying the rain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie