We Played!!!

The tee box for the first hole was comical.

“I can’t even find a place to take a practice swing,” Scott said.

There were standing mud puddles in some places. We were all dressed in long pants and hoodies.

We were all smiling.

“Seven and a half months,” I said. “I haven’t hit a golf ball in more than 200 days.”

I took two swings to loosen up. My back ached, and I grimaced. Then I set the ball on the tee, took one more practice swing, and then hit it.

Straight down the middle, on a high arc. I heard Pops laugh behind me.

“Do you actually need something to be fractured to not be able to do that?”

It didn’t all go perfectly.

I bogied a lot of holes that should’ve been pars.

Pops and Mike hit some true bombs that made me realize that I need to stay straight down the middle if I want to beat them.

I beat them on the front 9.

Spent a few holes in the tank on the backside.

Pops win this one.

By the end of the round I was covered in mud and I’d lost a couple of balls to straight up plugs.

I chipped one in.

I made a few long putts.

I shook three hands after we finished up on 18.

Most importantly, I looked around a few times at the beauty of the best of the holes.

Good swings.

Great friends.

“It needs to dry up,” Mike said.

“Ya’ think?”

“You know what I was thinking?” Mike asked.

“What’s that?”

“We only have about 4 months left before the snow flies.”

I didn’t think about that.

For four hours, I didn’t think about anything work-related, house-related, or Trump-related.

Cold, wet and perfect.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie