He’s A 12-Year-Old Kid!

On Wednesday afternoon CNN played an interview with a relieved Dad and a 12-year-old boy who was in the classroom when the shooting started.

He had a baseball bat.

In his childhood voice he said:

“If I was going to go down, I was going to go down fighting.”

I’d been writing a work report and was only half listening, but when he said it, I turned and looked at him.

He’s just a little boy!

Fighting for his life!!

In his 6th grade classroom.

What an absolute mess.

20 years after Columbine and the best we can do is show kids the ‘Run, Hide, Fight’ video???

They were scrambling for the best hiding places when the shooting started.

On Twitter, I follow the poor Dad who lost his daughter in the Parkland shooting. When that massacre happened there was momentum to make change.

Universal background checks.

Common sense laws.

Something.

Anything.

But what happened was exactly zilch.

I watched the twitter feeds of all the big shots.

“We’re praying for the families.”

Why even bother putting out something like that?

The kids are sitting ducks.

Trying not to go down swinging.

Hang tough, kid...

...doesn’t appear that anyone in a position of leadership actually cares.

Thoughts.

And.

Prayers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie