Why So Angry?

There's a whole lot of anger everywhere you turn, right?

Political platforms are designed around tapping into that anger and serving it up in a world of promises that will be broken.

And some of the anger is warranted I suppose. Things cost too much. People feel cheated. They don't see the hope, but man, there's too much anger.

I was in traffic the other day. The guy in front of me came to a dead stop at a green light. Luckily, I braked in time, but I threw my hands up in the air in a show of disbelief at his move. He was moving again instantly but he had seen my hands in the air because he gave me the finger.  He had been confused by something, made a wrong move and a full minute later he just kept pumping the finger in the air as I went past him on the right. I caught his eyes for a moment and he was so freaking angry! He was in an all-out rage!

I waved as I passed in an effort to show that I was all right with HIS mistake and he kept pumping that finger out at me.

WTF?

Later that same day I was in a convenience store. A woman was trying to pay for her purchase but the credit card machine was on the fritz. She had to actually put the card in a few times to get it to work...

...and then she went absolutely off on the cashier.

I was left with the cashier after the angry woman stormed out.

"What was I supposed to do?" The exasperated cashier asked.

We were both a little shaken by how nasty the lady had been.

And it kind of dawned on me.

There's too much damn anger!!

We've all been cut off in traffic. We've all had to wait to line at the store, the bank or wherever.

Do we have to be so vile to one another?

What purpose does it serve to dress-down someone else, or flip the guy off?

Just remember:

Life isn't a cakewalk for anyone.

Everyone struggles from time to time.

Let's all relax a little bit!

Be kind.

Tolerate the annoyances.

Easy to say...

...hard to do all the time.

Maybe it was just a bad day, but the anger seems to be all around, doesn't it?

Life is what you make it.

Try and have a little fun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty