52 Freaking Years Old!!!

I'm not whining, Pops!

And even if I am, leave me alone...

...it's my 52nd birthday!!!

Truth be told though, I had a very bad weekend.

My legs were numb for a full 48-hours. I did my best to stay off of them as much as possible.

And watching shows, reading, getting up just enough to get meals ready...

...I considered how much life has changed in the past 7 years.

"Happy Birthday!" Someone texted me. "There's no difference between 25 and 52! It's all the same in your mind!!!"

Bull poop!

But let's take stock.

There was a woman speaking at a recent corporate event. She lost her ability to see...due to diabetes complications at the young age of 28.

She learned new things about living. She showed us technological devices that allowed her to choose her clothing, write her checks, live her life.

I've learned a lot of new things at 52.

How to rest, how to stretch, how to get back in shape so I can get back to work.

There's plenty to be grateful for.

I have a family that helps...

...people who love me.

Dogs who get fired up! Just to see me!!

I have a good job.

I still have a lot of fun.

52 isn't 25.

But I have no complaints.

No regrets!

Another year in the books!

48 more to go!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie