I Hate Pumpkins

Was never actually a fan of Halloween.

Even as a kid I thought it was sort of stupid, and my kids were never into it either. When they were young we had to force them out the door and down the street to get candy.

I needed them to grab at least a few Reese's cups!

In fact, the only time I can think that trick or treating was fun was when we went during our college years. 3 or 4 big stiffs, knocking on doors in a blatant attempt to grab candy from the good people of Erie, Pa.

Most of the people laughed and gave us something! One guy gave us a beer!

But I think that I'm not enamored with Halloween because I'm not much of a fan of pumpkins.

This year I'm really looking forward to big, round, orange things leaving my life for good in early November.

But back to pumpkins!

I don't eat or drink anything that is pumpkin flavored!

No pumpkin drinks!

No pumpkin pie.

Yuck.

As for the ghosts, witches, goblins (whatever they hell they are)...

...nothing!

That's not to say that I'll turn the lights out. I'll grab a bag of candy and wait by the door for the kids to show up...

...but they won't because my dog scares them...

...Melky hates Halloween too.

Everything orange will be gone soon!

I hope!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie