Sleep Depravation

Ran into a guy who is a recent first-time Dad.

"How's your sleep going?" I asked.

He just grunted, grumbled and groaned.

Was out on the sites on Thursday when the school called to let me know that Sam hadn't showed up. He rarely misses school, but when he does I know why.

"Miss your alarm?" I asked.

"Only by five hours," he answered. "I was beat."

So, I decided to check in on my beautiful wife, who was on her 3rd day of starting a 5 a.m. shift.

She gets up at 3:45!

"Tired?" I asked.

"Oh God!" She answered.

And to top it all off, I was exhausted as well.

An early meeting in Buffalo, a flight out, report-writing, buzzing legs...

...blah, blah, blah...

...and my even the 50 hairs on the top of my head were screaming out for rest.

It's weird, but the older you get the less sleep you actually need.

So they say.

I try my best to go to bed at the same time, and wake up at the same time, but not all sleep is the same, right?

Some mornings I wake refreshed. Other days, after a solid 6 or 7, I get up tired, just thinking about when I can return to bed.

I still try and close the office for a nap on Saturday but some weeks its tough to just get there!

Ah well, it could be worse!

I could still be chasing kids around.

As much beauty as they brought into our lives...

...they still robbed me of sleep...

...and I still haven't gotten over it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie