Weiner Slips Out

I love the New York Post only because of their headlines. This morning it called the Anthony Weiner resignation as a Premature Evacuation.

I like mine better.

What makes the story great is that one of the guy's calling for Weiner's resignation is named Boehner. So the whole Boehner-Weiner play on words is really pretty exciting.

What are we seven years old!!!!!!

There have been jokes told, one after another about Weiner. He deserves every second of it. First-class weirdo if you ask me.

If you're gonna' get busted for cheating...at least cheat!

What a dopey bastard.

Yet the reason for the Post is simply the grab for headlines. There have been great headlines through the years and I have a closet filled with old newspapers. I originally saved them for the boys, but with the freaking Internet it all seems obsolete.

Something tells me that I'll be older and grayer, sitting in a chair reading about OJ getting busted for carving up his wife and her friend.

And the all-time worst newspaper headline that I ever saw?

"Man Killed Dead."

Who the hell approved that one?

I swear I was about ten when my Dad and I saw that headline and I swear we laughed about it for years.

Three words to capture someone's attention and make them read along is an art form.

Something tells me that Weiner Slips Out did the trick.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie