My Hero Snuffy

One of the faithful readers of this blog is also a guy who keeps a running conversation going with me all through nearly every day as we text one another back and forth.

Of course he is also one of the more faithful commenters on the blog, letting me know when my point-of-view is off, and when something we both care about is mentioned.

He is also one of the Grape Apes and can hit a golf ball a long way. Even when he's on the green.

When we were a lot younger, perhaps as much as 35 years ago, he picked up a nickname in the Fuzzy house - Snuffy after the character on Sesame Street.

Well, let me tell you...Snuffy is a good man.

He gets up every morning and goes to work each day, and we all know that sometimes the blood runs cold and you feel so weak that you just want to explode. Explode and tear the whole town apart, and I'm sure there have been days when he's been tempted to take a knife and cut the pain from his heart as well.

Because as you see, Snuffy isn't just my friend, but he is a friend to all things Fuzzy and he is a friend to all of my friends as well.

Today is his birthday. I'm not even sure how many. Does it matter after a certain age anyway?

The thing about it is that he is one of the brightest guys I know and he has as many opinions as me. If he were to start a blog he might even name it...things that the Thoughts of a Common Man author gets screwed up...

And that's good too.

Because he's a good man.

Happy Birthday, Pops, Snuffy, Grape Ape...

Raise a glass today. A Heiny Light and chase it with a shot of Jameson's.

Even if you're by yourself, you won't be alone at all.

I know a whole bunch of guys who've cherished the chance to shoot the shit with you.

Even if it did seem like Sesame Street from time-to-time.

Whoa, come take my hand we're riding out tonight to case the promised land, oh-oh-oh, Thunder Road. Sit tight, take hold, Thunder Road.

My present to you...a song to sing along.

Have a great year, buddy.

Comments

deafjeff said…
Thanks buddy! I had a Peroni for all the Italians, good brew. I've been singing all day! Life is good, live it once in a while huh?

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty