The Queen


Mind-blowing performance by the Queen Team at the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Event this year. A team led by my sister actually trounced the field in raising money for the fight, and Corinne was styling as they interviewed her on the television news.

For good measure my nephew James snuck into the media event which was pretty cool as well.

I didn't run or walk this year but I went to the event because I remembered how cool it was last year. Again it sort of renewed my faith in humanity. Just so neat that so many people donate their time and money to battle back against cancer.

Besides the walk back and forth to the car was enough for me.

Yet it's all about my sister...the Queen. She'd be the first to tell you that there are so many others who help her so much. In fact that would be the first thing she'd tell you, and she'd probably say that I'm so stupid for singing her praises, but that's the way it goes with really great people who believe in a greater good.

They like to shine the light away from what they do.

But it's terrific. The team raised more money this year than any other team...

...EVER.

As Corinne was being interviewed by the news she asked if she should take off the sunglasses or the bandanna.

"Leave 'em on!" someone yelled out.

I'm glad she did.

From where I was standing, she looked just about perfect.

Comments

deafjeff said…
It was my first time as a member of the team. As cynical as I am about people, this blew me away in showing that we aren't all that bad. In fact like you said, it really reaffirmed my faith in humanity.
As for the Queen Team, what an amazing, tireless group of women! Cor is my hero, they don't have enough superlatives to describe her. Here's to Cor, the greatest Team leader in the history of the Komen race!
Andrea Renee said…
Go Corrine!
Corleone said…
I appreciate the kudos. I never would have had that feeling yesterday if it wasn't for those who have been by my side practically my whole life...I have the best family and friends that the world has to offer, hands down! I have angels on my shoulders and a 'King' by my side. No family can compare; be it donating, walking, praying, or out and out cheerleading.
I also swell with pride when I look into the eyes of my friends who work so hard for this chance to help people we may never know and the miracle chance to help someone we do know. Michelle Figel-Montaldi, Larry Bowman, Marybreast Sgroi & many others (like Popple) blew fundraising out of the water....that was an amazing time in itself. What a way to start a summer. God Bless all those who are part of my life especially my friends and family.
Corleone said…
What gets me is that they all....all 80 people on the team...let me look like a dork! Nice. Leader with issues! Dammit....but I will forgive, because the team is sooooo awesome!

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie