Sweet Dreams

Close your eyes I want to ride the skies in my sweet dreams. Close your eyes I want to see you tonight in my sweet dreams.

Matt went to the prom last night. He got all dressed up, bought a flower for the gal, and the emotions ran high for Kathy. I wasn't around for the pictures and/or to meet the young lady.

Yeah, he got lucky.

But I most likely wouldn't have given him a hard time anyway. As you can see, I remember the chorus of my own prom song.

Sweet Dreams by Air Supply.

It goes without saying that my prom seemed as if it were about three weeks ago, but I definitely do recall the pre-prom party...a buddy of mine and I got lost in the Boston Hills when he decided to take a shortcut home from picking up our tuxes.

I also recall the prom itself...I was so light on my feet, cutting the rug as a handsome, dashing, skinny, full-haired, let's just say it...flat-out stud...and another buddy took home the prom king hat.

I wonder if he still has it. I'll ask him today, I'm golfing with him.

And I remember the after prom party. I rode with my brother John and his date in John's Cougar with the moon roof.

(Hey that's funny...John's Cougar...all he needs is a Mellencamp).

Anyway, the roof was open and we had a bottle of wine...drinking age was 18 then, folks, and John drove away with the wine still akimbo on the roof. It spilled all over his date's dress. I wonder if his date remembers that...and yes, I can still ask her.

As for my date?

I haven't seen her in a lot of years and maybe just twice in the 25 years since. Going out and dressing up seemed so damn important then. The world was there for the taking.

I'm not sure about riding the skies in my sweet dreams, but life has worked out fairly well for me.

But down deep, you'll always remember the prom, right?

The glitz, the glamour and the drama.

What's a little spilt wine between friends?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie