The British Are Not Gonna' Get Our Guns, Or Something Like That!

Sarah Palin has to get into my blog, doesn't she? Just when I want to ban her from making an appearance, she appears somewhere and says something stupid and then swears by it and then blames the media for trying to trick her with their "tough" questions.

This last showing in New England is straight from the George Dubya handbook for mental incompetence.

She told a crowd of her supporters that Paul Revere rode through the streets ringing his bell telling all the British soldiers that the American colonists were mad as hell as they weren't going to let Britain have their guns.

Don't be confused by the facts, there old wise hockey Mom.

Revere actually rode through the streets with a lantern to warn the colonists that the British were coming.

Remember that from 2nd grade?

The British Are Coming! The British Are Coming!

When the media called her out on it, Sarah got defensive saying that there may have been some British soldiers somewhere out there and that Revere's trip was to warn the colonists but also to explain to the British that America was not going to take it!

Of course, she also added that someone shouted out a tough question to her and it's tough to think on her feet. Like that brutal Katie Couric question asking her what newspapers she reads.

Now I don't want to get political here and it was the last thing I wanted to write about today, but you just have to hear the exchange between Palin and the reporters. It's downright embarrassing.

What she was actually trying to do was put herself in Paul Revere's shoes. She was pretending that she was traveling across the land telling Obama that she wouldn't give up her guns.

That's fine, I suppose. Go shoot your elk, we don't want your gun, but don't rewrite history to fit your needs.

I suppose that what drives me crazy about it is that there are people out there who love Palin.

"She's like us," someone told me the other day.

I don't want someone like me running the country, do you?

I gotta' stop watching the news.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie