Mork From Ork

I spent a lot of time on the road today. I listened to the Jay Thomas Show, as per usual. They were running an old show where Jay interviewed a man who makes hats that are designed to ward off the advances of aliens who invade the minds of unsuspecting humans. The guy, Michael Menkin sounded reasonable enough, and he certainly believed that he had the secret to curing things such as autism and epilepsy...which he is sure is caused by these attacking aliens.

Jay did the interview straight up, only laughing after the interview was over, and in between legitimate questions.

How many people out there actually believe in aliens visiting this planet? Do any of you believe that it has happened, or is happening, or that aliens are living among us?

Will a specially designed hat made by this guy be enough to chase away those nasty aliens if they target you?

The man was certain that he was correct. When he was asked if people made fun of him, he said, yes, but he also said that when it all comes to pass and he is saved, and the other eleven people wearing his hats are saved, he will have the last laugh.

Uh, okay.

I've never seen a flying saucer. I remember studying the planets back in grammar school and they say that most of the planets are truly inhabitable. Where do the kooks like this believe these aliens are coming from? Why are they only speaking directly with the nutbags of our society?

Don't you think that if they were out there they'd reach out to our leaders? Like Sarah Palin?

There'd be a conversation, huh? Sarah and the Aliens making peace plans.

I don't even know what to say about all of it...I just wonder...are there reasonable-minded people who actually believe that the aliens are sucking our brains of knowledge?

Now I know that Mork from Ork was real, but that's it, right?

Wasn't Jonathan Winters a baby from that planet?

Ah, hell, I don't remember.

I may just order a hat to cover my bases.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie