Happy Birthday Jake!

He has facial hair now. His sense of humor is legendary around these parts, and you can look it up...the best indicator of intelligence is a quick wit. Jake has it in spades.

He's anti-Yankee for now because I am a tad pro-Yankee, but there hasn't been a Fazzolari who has successfully made it through not being a Yankee fan so I have a feeling that will change.

The operation that saved his life is long in the rearview mirror, but I Thank God for it every day.

My boy is 14 today...Happy Birthday, kid.

I'm really proud of my kids, you know? As a Dad there's a sharp edge to all that you do for them because you really want them to understand that life doesn't come easy. That it takes hard work, dedication, passion in doing what's right, and yes, a quick wit.

When there's something funny to share, I find Jake and he comes looking for me as well.

I hope he always searches me out to share things with. He's a wonderful kid with a bright sense of humor, and an ability to ace a test when he needs to. I'm also partial to him because there are moments when he handles frustration as I do...by blowing off steam at whoever and whatever is around.

It's not something to be proud of, of course, but I can understand it, and we certainly try to contain it from time to time.

Yet the best part of Jake sharing our lives is that he's sharing our lives.

A smart, funny, wonderful kid.

We'll work on the temper and the Yankee thing so that he becomes just perfect. In the meantime, find him at the next party, he's guaranteed to make you laugh.

Happy Birthday, kid!

Dad loves you.

Comments

Corleone said…
Smokey and Chewy you did good!

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie