Just Gnawing On a Pork Chop

I love breaded pork chops. I have learned to eat just two at dinner instead of the four or five I used to eat. Yet when we bake them, we often times bake way more than necessary because they are even better the next morning, cold, right from the 'fridge.

The other morning I jumped out of bed, knowing that I was going to grab a pork chop instead of my usual bowl of garbage cereal. All jokes aside, I can do that once in awhile, right? I'm not that old!

So, I showered, brushed my teeth, drank a cup of coffee and grabbed my chop. I was engrossed in Sports Center when my beautiful, hardworking wife returned from the night shift at her job.

The unique thing about someone working the night shift is that they've been wide awake for hours when they meet up with people who are just rising from bed.

In other words, my wife is wound up, while the rest of us are just looking for a little peace before starting our day.

As usual, Kathy came in with the stories flying.

"She said this, then I did that, and can you believe?"

I didn't respond at all. In fact, all I actually did was concentrate on the cold chop and pick up tidbits of the game from the night before.

Remember what Charlie Brown's teacher sounded like to him?

Kathy retreated to her room as I met up with Sam and Jake.

"Wow, Mom's fired up," Sam said.

"And Dad just stands there, nodding his head, and gnawing on his pork chop," Jake added.

I did what the kids call the old LOL.

Kathy arrived back on the scene and asked what we were laughing at.

"Just gnawing on a pork chop," I said.

Which reminds me.

There are a few left.

And Kathy should be home any minute.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie