Happy June the 2!

I have known that June the 2 is a sort of a holiday in the Fazzolari family since I've been about three years old.

Every year, we send messages back and forth wishing each other a Merry June the 2 or a Happy June the 2 or a Wonderful June the 2.

So what's the deal?

My great Uncle Jim, who I remember vaguely, used to promise my grandmother that he would visit. When she'd ask when he'd say June the 2. Now whenever something needs to be done in our family, and there is no certain time frame, we say that we will get it done, or visit, or finish the job on June the 2.

My wonderful Uncle Jim is the catalyst for the June the 2 celebrations now. My Dad, of course, was in on the joke, and all of my brothers, my sisters, my cousins, my aunts and uncles are all June the 2 enthusiasts.

And June the 2 is about so much more to all of us. We have a family bond that is so strong that despite the fact that there are no presents passed out, no celebratory dinners, we all look forward to the day.

Traditions must live on.

I eat pasta every Sunday because that is what we were taught to do....not to mention that I love it...but the day doesn't seem quite right if there is any other food served.

My sister Corinne is wonderful about making sure that the family traits are carried on. Time and pain have separated us from some of the things we've held so dear but there was no way that today would pass without the phone calls, the Facebook postings, and the text messages.

Happy June the 2 to all of you.

It's one of my favorite days of the year.

(This blog goes out to Uncle Jim...a true, Billy Joel-looking, Candy-ass from way back).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie