Want my Tickets?

Some people buy season tickets to their favorite team and not being able to go to the game, give them to a relative or friend. I just read an article about David Findel, a Jets fan, who won an auction to buy the best seats in the house at the new Jets Stadium.

Season tickets here in Buffalo will set you back about a grand - Findel will be paying $414,000 for his two tickets next year. He said that he probably won't sit in the seats though - he purchased them for his two kids who are 11 and 7.

His kids will get a VIP Parking Pass, will have a full course meal served to them at a fancy restaurant, can walk the field before the game, and get to watch the Jets suffer through another crap year.

Here's the kicker - what does Findel do for a living? He's a CEO for a mortgage broker firm. Ah, no wonder he has all that extra cash sitting around so his kids can be entertained.

Isn't that what's wrong here? Do I begrudge this guy his wealth? Yeah, damn right I do. Should he share his wealth? Well, I don't know, but something's out of whack, isn't it?

Can someone explain it to me? Does he work any harder than a guy who digs ditches, or short-order cooks, or is an elementary school principal, or most importantly a man who does construction safety reports while writing novels at night?

Perhaps he just knows the secret to wealth. He took the risks, right? He should be able to bid $400,000 at an auction for football tickets that cost a hundred bucks apiece, normally.

I'm so freaking confused! How can I be worried about filling up my car when every mortgage broker in the world has a half-mil kicking around for entertainment purposes?

I just want to have time available when he decides to sit out one of the games and gives up his seats.

Ridiculous. I hope the Jets go 0 and 16.

Comments

deafjeff said…
Dammit, I'm a sous chef!
Cliff Fazzolari said…
I'm the short order cook
Money Changes Everything, doesn't it? I wonder how many ex-wives he'll have at the end of his life... sorry, is that making a leap?
John said…
Couldn't agree more! If elementary principals made enough to buy season tickets, we would share them with friends! Spread the wealth!

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie