Nasty Time

A couple of weeks ago I was extremely heartened by John McCain. Someone stood up at one of his rallies and said - "I'm afraid that if Obama is elected we will be faced with terrorist attacks because he is a terrorist."

McCain shot down the man's argument by saying - "That's not true. Obama is a decent man. He's not a terrorist."

This morning I saw an article that said the GOP is sending out flyer's that denounce terrorism - with photos of 9/11 destruction and a picture of Obama next to the falling towers. That's such crap.

Obama a few weeks ago announced that he would fire anyone who brought up Sarah Palin's family as a target. Peace reigned for a few weeks as Sarah's life was digested by the American public. Today the story breaks that she took her family with her on trips paid for by the people of Alaska. I wonder who broke that story.

That is essentially what makes me sick about politics. It is now time to turn off the news, flip the commercials when they come on, and just ignore it until November 10th or so.

I don't imagine that the rhetoric is going to be any clearer, and if you haven't decided by now, then you aren't all that interested.

It makes me think back to fighting with my brothers when we were young. My mother would ask my father to intervene and in his way, he'd say, "Come on, boys, fight nice."

It's funny, but we knew what he was trying to say. I wish the politicians involved would just fight nice the rest of the way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie