Not So Healthy, Wealthy, or Wise

Given the choice of being healthy, wealthy or wise, it really isn't much of a contest. Problem is, I'm currrently none of the three. The ankle injury suffered at the hands of the children in the driveway basketball game has developed into a real problem. Yet it only hurts when I put my foot on the floor.

Which reminds me of an old joke:

Plane crashes in the wild and everyone on board except for one man is killed. He survives in the wild by eating the flesh of the corpses, and weeks pass before the crash is discovered. When the rescuers come upon him they survey the scene, and note that the man was always badly injured in the crash, suffering fractured ribs, and broken limbs. "Does it hurt?" one of the rescuers asks. "Only when I laugh," the man replies.

Talk about a sunny disposition. And I'm trying to be sunny about the sore Achilles and ankle. I've logged plenty of couch time with Kathy and the boys asking if I need anything. Yet there is plenty of busting going on.

I wish I had a dime for every time one of the boys has said, "Suck it up and tough it out and do the best you can."

I struggled out of the chair last night and made my way around the kitchen,limping badly with Jake moving directly behind me. "C'mon, Jake," Sam yelled, wanting his brother to join him in a game. "I'm trying," Jake replied, "Seems like I'm stuck in traffic behind a wide load."

You gotta' love it. When you dish it out, you need to expect it back.

I suppose there will be a trip to the Mac Center today. In the meantime is anyone available to head down and retrieve my ice pack? It's going to be a long ass day.

Healthy, wealthy or wise? I'd take healthy every time.

Comments

deafjeff said…
Just don't get drunk before you head to the doctors, like last time. Stick to golf and video games man, you ARE OLD.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty