Talk, Talk, Talk

I love talk radio. I listen religiously to Howard Stern, switch to ESPN, and usually end the day with Jay Thomas. I have Sirius Satellite radio and don't know how I lived without it.

Yet days like today its a blast to listen to the local sports station. Once the Bills got smoked (as I predicted) I couldn't wait to hear the people acting as if life itself had ended.

"They need to fire the coaching staff," one irate caller said. (They're 4 and 1 - firing their coaches after one loss would be the funniest thing ever).

"They need to take it to another level," another caller said. (Can someone please explain why the hell anyone would ever utter that statement? What the hell does it mean?)

"They need to give 110 percent every time out there," another brainiac said. (Out of what? 200?).

"It's time for all these guys to step up and show what their made of." (Another inane comment that means absolutely nothing at all - what are they stepping up on?)

So, I had a lot of fun today.

"They should just move to Toronto if they're going to play like that," (Over-react much?)

"I didn't even finish watching the game. I took my kids to the park instead and we played catch," (wow, what fortunate children you have - you probably drilled balls into their mid-section to vent).

And people wonder why I revel in the misguided love for sports teams. (Yes, I know, I love the Yankees - but I've never called a sports station to complain about them).

It certainly doesn't devastate me when the Yanks lose either - but then again - maybe that's because I've actually seen them win. (Ewww, low blow).

The Bills won't win this week either (bye week) - and LT is coming to town - prediction coming soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie