Jersey Devil

Happy Halloween! I was never big on the Halloween issue, but today is different. It seems that the Springsteens always decorate their home in New Jersey to entertain friends and fans. Well the crowd around the house got so big last year that they had to not decorate the house this year. So, instead, Bruce released a song and posted it on his website with a video for all to enjoy.

Guess what? I liked it!

Yet it is the story of the Jersey Devil that is most intriguing. I heard the true explanation of the creature last year while I was watching a hockey game between the Sabres and the Devils.

Legend has it that Mother Leeds had 12 children, and after giving birth to her 12th kid said that if she had another it would be the devil. On the night of labor Mother Leeds gave birth to child #13 who quickly changed form from a normal baby to a creature with hooves, a horses head, bat wings and a forked tail.

I actually went to college with a few guys from New Jersey and I swear there was a guy named Luke, who when drinking, most resembled the fabled creature.

Yet what amazes me is that people are still claiming to see the murderous creature. Out there in the swamps of Jersey this creature darts around, killing and terrorizing.

Yeah, it's bullshit.

Yet if it makes Bruce write a song - it's worth at least a Halloween mention in a blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie