The Juice Isn't Loose!

Another couple of reasons why I don't want my kids wearing shirts with Bills running backs names on them:

Of course, OJ will now (hopefully) spend the rest of his life behind bars. Much as I felt when he was elected into the Hall of Fame: "Good for him, he deserves it."

Some may say that perhaps my ill-will toward Marshawn Lynch is borne of a problem that I had idolizing an explosive back with a million-dollar smile. We held the man on a pedestal when he didn't belong on a foot stool. Enjoy the cell, Juice, think of Ron and Nicole - perhaps you can sort that whole mess out.

Secondly, Travis Henry is a back that my son did watch and idolize. "He's a beast," my kid told me a few years back. I didn't think he meant it literally. This week, Travis was arrested for distribution of cocaine. He had been suspended from the league a few times and was ultimately fired by Denver. When he was here in Buffalo he was accused of raping a minor. I don't know how that turned out - seems like it was swept away. In any regard - his impressive resume also includes 9 kids from 9 mothers. Beast indeed.

And yet there are people who compare the steroid problem in baseball and A-Rod's divorce/Madonna problem to this sort of behavior. There is a huge difference. Huge. A-Rod frequenting strip joints is not exemplary behavior, I suppose, but it is a far cry from double murder, rape of a minor, and even running down someone on a street corner and not stopping to fill out a police report.

I spent a couple of days at the Children's Hospital - the next time they're making up t-shirts for kids to bear names on their back - I have a couple of nominees.

Good luck, Juice, I was 10 years old when I saw you go over 2000 yards. I couldn't believe how great you were. Now, I hope they serve only bread and water. I'm stumped by how great you didn't turn out to be.

Comments

John said…
Maybe NOW he will find the killer he has been searching for over the past 13 years. He will have many suspects around him

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie