I Told You...

So, I told you that the Bills were going to be great this year. As a matter of fact, I'm going to say it now - they will win the Super Bowl. Trent Edwards is a better quarterback than Tom Brady. Marshawn Lynch is not only the best running back since OJ Simpson, he's also the same sort of great guy.

Actually... it's been fun to chide everyone about the Bills, but the truth is, its great for the community to have a common goal. It was what I always liked about sports, and it is fun to actually sit and watch the games without knowing the outcome - its been a lot of years since they were even competitive.

I also told you that the Boston Red Sox wouldn't go quietly and that you can't hold down Big Papi for too long... ah hell, I was going to try and be gracious and funny, but I just can't - I still hate the Red Sucks.

The final I told you so moment of the weekend concerns my boys running the fantasy football team that I'm the Steinbrenner-like owner of. Matt and Sam decided to not start Philip Rivers because he was playing against the Bills. Instead, they decided to pick up a scrap heap quarterback, Matt Schaub, and start him.

"You can't think with your heart," I said. "If Rivers outscores Schaub, I'm going to have to let you two go."

It wasn't even close. Schaub did great while Rivers stunk up the joint.

It's going to be a long week as the boys remind me how wrong I am. Yet that's half the fun.

I'm thinking Miami is going to crush the Bills next weekend. Let's say, 34-13.

Comments

You suck! You keep putting bad "vibes" out there for the Bills... they can do this! Think with your heart!

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie