Joe the Plumber

The media is going to eat poor Joe alive. He owes money on his taxes and he's not really a plumber. God help him. He had the gall to ask about having enough money to live a life and he's going to be thrown to the wolves.

Yet why? Why are we talking about $250,000 as the cut-off when most Americans are simply struggling with the idea of having enough money left over to pay their freaking gas bills?

I understand that there is an economic crisis going on, but if I'm like most Americans, I don't feel anything but fear. Is my job going away? Will the kids have a chance to go to college? Can anyone be a plumber and still survive in this day and age?

You know what? While the rest of the world is in a financial crisis, I felt great today because I was able to fill up my car for less than $50. It's a lot like hitting your hand with a hammer - it feels great when you stop. Not paying $4 per gallon is pure ecstasy - and that's how they get you. I actually felt great today paying $3.50 a gallon. Five years ago such a premise would have made me throw up.

So what is Joe the Plumber to do? Well, if he's like me - he's tired of all the talk. He's sick of hearing two candidates snipe at each other, and tired of watching the Dow move up and down like a freaking yo-yo. I turned the debate off last night because I'm sick and tired of it. I've had enough. I don't care if Obama was linked to a terrorist when he was 8 years old. I don't care if McCain knows how many homes that he owns. I just want someone to help us.

Joe the Plumber wants the same thing and now - because he asked a simple question - to an aspiring preseident - he's going to be thrown to the wolves.

Seems to me like the common man will be left holding the short end of the stick.

Again.

Maybe we shouldn't be sharing the wealth, but we sure the hell shouldn't be stealing it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie