Do You Enjoy a Good Debate?

I have a college buddy who loved doing the following skit with me.

Him: You don't know even know how to argue.
Me: Yes, I do
Him: No, you don't.
Me Yes I do. I argue better than you do.
Him: No, you don't. I've never met anyone who argues worse than you.
Me: You're the worst.
Him: No, I'm not.

You get the idea. We'd go back and forth and drive other people crazy. (No wonder we had trouble picking up girls).

Yet we also loved to debate anything at all. I've had a number of friends who've also fallen into that category. I'll argue anything and I'll do it until the veins in my neck pop out - even if I'm wrong. (Right? Johnny C.).

This all comes to mind because of tonight's debate. There are a lot of people predicting that Sarah Palin is going to make a complete ass of herself. I heard one talking head say that it will be a lot like watching a car crash.

It will probably be a lot less. Historically these debates are filled with cliches and little information. The name-calling is held to a minimum and the only real moment I can recall was when Lloyd Benson embarrassed Dan Quayle with the JFK remark.

What would be refreshing? I suggest the name calling that usually goes along with my personal debates. Let's use my college buddy and me as the vice-presidential candidates.

Him: Hey, dumb ass -you don't even understand why we're in Iraq.

Me: Excuse me, bald-bastard, but I do.

Him: No, you don't. And abortion? Forget about it porky, you don't even know the name of the decision that was handed down to make abortion legal.

Me: Uh, dip-shit, it was Roe versus Wade. And your stand on capital punishment is barbaric, you honestly don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.

Him: Yes, I do, rat bastard.

Me: No, you don't. You don't even know how to argue.....

It would be the highest-rated debate ever.

Comments

Ousizch said…
Hai Cliff,

it's a good content and you had a blog that very cool. Today i look a nice interface in here. I thought this blog should be a success blog. let's make it.

from ousizch in http://www.ecpassistant.blogspot.com
John said…
you're an idiot

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie