Time Travel

I watched the HBO show, “Made for Love” last night because the first-place, best team in baseball, the 27-Time World Champion Yankees had a day off.

The show is pretty funny and features Ray Romano (who I’ve always liked) and some futuristic stuff including what amounts to travel around the globe with a snap of the fingers.

Made me think about where I’d like to go.

Wouldn’t it be amazing to be able to spend a week back in a specific location at the same age you were then?

I’m thinking a week back at Gannon with my roommates at the age of 20.

Damn that would be a blast.

Or a week in North Collins with my buddies from the Lions softball team 🥎 playing at Renaldo field and winning a playoff game and celebrating.

Or a week in Mountain View, California with my brothers and sisters and Mom and Dad. I’d be able to play hoops again, and drink a lot of beer.

Or how about New Haven, Connecticut at my first real job, with my writing career just getting going.

So hungry.

So fired up.

Years and years of blank pages.

Or a week when the boys were young and we were playing ball in the backyard, or wrestling during commercial breaks of the Simpsons.

Here’s the thing:

We can’t REALLY go back there, but the mind is an absolutely wonderful thing because as I wrote each of those recaps, my mind instantly took me back to those moments.

Suddenly I felt the excitement of young love, and lacing a single into right with all my buddies cheering as we won a game.

We may not know anything about what the universe really is.

All of those moments may be stored for us…

…somewhere…

…and wouldn’t it be wonderful to relive some of it.

I’ve always enjoyed daydreaming and as a kid, and a young man most of my dreams were of the future and how things might bring fame and fortune and happiness and fun.

These days I find that some of the daydreams seem to be centered around the past.

Remembering the glory days and feeling the incredible love of days gone past.

Time is an absolutely crazy concept when one thinks of it as one long day.

All those experiences happened to me when I was a young man, an adult, a middle-aged man and all the way to the present day.

Perhaps the data is being stored for us.

Who knows, right?

It’s fun to think about.

That’s for sure..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Buddy, Dave

Suits

Mom & Ollie