Still Messed Up

I don’t know what to eat!

It’s been about six weeks since I got a high reading for glucose in my blood work.

And I didn’t learn much about what it could be or what I had to do. They called in a script and so I took the med and started doing some OCD stuff about what I could eat.

I was afraid to eat a piece of toast!

So, I talked to a few guys who had a similar diagnosis.

“I eat what I’ve always eaten,” one guy said. “Just a little less. The pill has to have something to do.”

That didn’t work for me.

I found myself eating a small bowl of cereal and then even smaller amounts of protein for lunch.

No bread, no sugar.

Also, no energy and the med made me sluggish.

Ran into another dude. He was eating a raspberry pastry and offered me one. I told him about the diagnosis.

“I give myself a shot of insulin every day,” he said. “I eat what I want when I want. Life is too short.”

He’s a big, big man.

Life might be shorter than he thinks with that approach.

So what’s next?

Another blood test.

Another doctor’s appointment.

It’s been weird hearing one person after another say:

“Damn, you’re losing weight.”

Been a lot of years since I heard that.

Just one more weird thing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie