Superstitious

The Yankees have been playing good baseball to start the season.

I’ve been trying to stay quiet about it because I hadn’t chirped at all as they started a winning streak.

I also keep the screen saver on my phone the same when they win so I have been staring at the same picture for a long time now.

I have also kept track of the early parts of the game on my phone before watching the later innings on television.

“Want to put the game on?” Kathy asked early.

“No. They’re winning.”

“What?”

So, I told her about the streak and the superstitions. Then I sent a couple of texts to a Red Sux fan and a Mess fan.

Chirping.

Toronto immediately scored twice to tie it.

Damn!

I shouldn’t have changed anything!

“You do realize that you have absolutely nothing to do with whether they win or lose,” Kathy said.

“They’ve won 9 straight because I’ve been consistent,” I said.

“Something wrong with you.”

Obviously.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie