Explain it to Me

Typically I ignore the world news while I’m at work. It’s going to have to be an extraordinary story to reach me as I start the day with the baseball channel and then switch over to Dan Patrick.

There are also days when I’ll tune into Howard Stern or just straight up listen to music.

I started going in that direction in the middle of the last presidential term and it made my life better.

But by the end of the day, I hit Twitter to see what’s happening.

On Thursday afternoon I saw that the House passed a bill to help with the shortage of the baby formula.

I noticed that there were a lot of ‘No’ votes though.

Every. Single. Republican. (Except one)

Explain that to me…

…they voted against babies?

The second story was about doing something to stop the price gouging at the gas pumps that is crippling American citizens.

It also passed the house, and I wondered why the vote was so close!

Every single Republican voted against the relief!

Explain that to me!!

A domestic terrorism bill was next on the docket.

Given the mass shootings…

…this is a unanimous no-brainer, right?

Uh.

Didn’t garner any Republican votes either!!

I wondered why.

Then I saw a post from a Republican senator.

“Gas prices are crippling us,” the lady senator wrote. “We can’t live under Biden’s rule anymore.”

They are voting against the interests of their own constituents just so that the current president looks bad!!

The final thing that took me away from the news were two items that threatened to boil my blood.

There was a guided tour of the Capitol the night before the attack. Those who took the tour were people arrested for the garbage that happened the next day.

A Republican senator was the tour guide.

Finally, taxes!

I saw the tax rate for billionaires.

4%!!!

You and I pay 13%!!!

You know who got even more wealthy during the pandemic??

Yeah.

The filthy rich.

Explain this to me!!!

How is the public missing all of this?

I had a guy come up to me and say:

“Black Lives Matter is responsible for the mass shooting in Buffalo.”

“WHAT????”

“It’s true. They’re trying to get people riled up to vote. That’s how they do it.”

Oh 

My

God!

We’re doomed.

I’ll be listening to baseball talk.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie