Memory Lane

Spent part of the afternoon with Mom and Kathy and it was a lovely, easy conversation.

We talked a little bit about our wedding anniversary which ends the month, and some of those from town who are no longer with us.

Which brought us around to the neighborhood and how it was once alive with the sound of laughing children.

“There were so many kids on this street,” I said.

“And they were usually here,” Mom said, with a laugh. “Now everyone is gone.”

But that shifted us into talking about where Mom grew up. She mentioned each neighbor, house by house and we talked about some of the people living there now.

Then it was on to an old dog or two and time we spent in Florida (in 1974!) and California in the 80’s.

“We had a lot of fun.”

We certainly did.

On the way up Shirley Road on the way home, we passed by the round barn.

“Hear about the guy who died there?” I asked.

“Yeah,” Kathy said. “He couldn’t find a corner to piss in.”

I laughed.

My Dad said that every single time we passed that old barn.

It’s falling down now.

Everything eventually breaks down.

Three straight Bob Seger songs came on. He was a huge star in the 80’s.

He’s all done touring for health reasons.

I drove home in silence. I was comfortable and relaxed.

“We had a lot of fun.”

But man.

It goes speeding by.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie