Monkey Man!!!

Oliver has a toy that we have nicknamed “Humpy”.

For obvious reasons.

Ollie has a love/hate relationship with ‘Humpy’. He’s not very nice to her. Tosses her all around the room before romancing her.

I laughed because after I called out for Ollie to get ‘Humpy’ I thought of another legendary doggy toy.

Our dog, Sam, loved an old stuffed monkey. He carried ‘Monkey Man’ from room to room and would drop it at my feet so I could throw it for him.

Whenever I wanted to get Sam going I would ask, very loudly, “Where’s Monkey Man?”

Well.

I was away at college and as one tends to do, I came home early one weekday to try and get my laundry done.

I walked in the house and passed the laundry room where my Mom was taking stuff out of the dryer. I said ‘Hello’, but evidently she didn’t hear me…

…because a few minutes later I called out to Sam, using my two-word command:

“MONKEY MAN!”

My poor mother was like that old cartoon cat who gets scared out of its skin and ends up on the ceiling.

She screamed!

In horror!!

“You stupid ass,” she said. “I didn’t even know you were home.”

I was laughing so hard.

“I thought you were a serial killer screaming out ‘Monkey Man’ for some reason.”

We talked about that last weekend.

Mom remembered it.

“Dumb bastard,” she said.

Wait until Kathy hears me calling out:

“GET HUMPY!”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie