Had Enough

Companies are quick to hand out PTO days.

Problem is there’s so much work to do that you can never, in good conscience take one.

So they can literally give you a million hours in PTO.

Doesn’t mean a damn thing!

I truly know that such days are important for mental health, but I also suffer from the fact that I can’t just DO NOTHING!

The sun was shining on Friday morning as I was headed off to start a busy, busy day.

I checked the temperature:

50 degrees.

Sent out a feeler.

“Anyone want to golf today?”

I got a taker! We had a tee time inside an hour. I hustled through a number of visits. Even wrote and sent the reports. 

I essentially was taking about an hour off (during a week where I’d already put 60 in).

We played 18 holes in about 3 hours. I returned home sore and tired but in a considerably better frame of mind.

“You should do that more often,” Kathy said when I got home.

For sure.

As for the golf?

I keep hitting it well and I continue to putt horribly.

Aggravating!

But still better than work!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie