Welfare Kings

The Buffalo Bills are getting a $1.5 billion home…

…right across the street from their current place of business.

Taxpayers are on the hook for about $820 million. I’m one of the taxpayers given that I live less than 2 miles from the joint.

I’m not excited.

And the problem isn’t the taxpayer end of it. We were still going to pay taxes and it was still going to be wasted one way or another.

At least now there will be a stadium there, I guess.

And the Bills are currently good so it was the right time to break the news…

.,.here’s my problem.

Pegula is supposedly worth multi-billions.

He’s kicking in less than us, but when the stadium is up and running, who will make their money back when tickets are double what they are now and when it costs $100 to park your car?

Not the taxpayers.

Pegula will make that money.

He’ll need a rake to collect it and it will come straight out the pockets of people who can’t truly afford such extravagance but will do it…

…because they love the Bills.

Some people who currently have tickets won’t be able to afford to go to a game at the new place.

There may be seat licenses required.

You’ll have to get a license to be able to get in line to buy a seat.

Can the Buffalo market even handle it?

Will they sell many $300 seats if the Bills suddenly slip back to mediocrity?

And one more reason why it’s gonna’ drive me crazy?

I’m going to have to be there every damn day as they build the damn place.

Ah well.

You gotta’ BILLieve, right?

I know the Pegula’s do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie