Patching the Holes

A few years back I painted the interior of the house, but truth be told, I didn’t do very well at patching the holes, and it has bothered me for awhile.

We also had three rooms - one for each boy that we didn’t paint then.

Holes everywhere!

Thankfully, I met a real painter, and he’s a good kid with two infant children at home. He’s just starting out in life and I asked him if he did side jobs.

He jumped at the idea and came by and did a great job on the boys rooms.

This spring I asked him about patching things up and he was good with that idea too.

He laughed when I explained where some of the holes came from.

Jake pushed Sam through the drywall in the hall.

Jake threw something to make a dent in the kitchen wall.

I don’t even know where some of the other nicks came from, but there were also two holes courtesy of Bills close losses.

A lot of living.

“What’s up with the baseboards?” My painter asked.

“That’s where the cat scratches when he gets nervous. He’s nervous a lot.”

The kid laughed.

“Yeah,” I said, “Laugh it up. You have two kids about to put you through some things. Holes in walls, broken windows, messes everywhere. It’s a lot of fun.”

The boys took a lot around at the patches.

“We’re all done with the holes, boys,” I said.

Inside is looking good…

…now I’m thinking about the outside…

…if it ever stops snowing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie