Coda

Okay, we’ll that’s the best movie I’ve seen in years!

Coda won the Oscar for best picture and the best actor award was also well-deserved so I am a little late to the party.

There’s a reason why.

I’m a tad sensitive to stories about the deaf because my buddy and his family have been afflicted.

Another friend of mine had deaf parents and battled a whole lot of ridicule.

Hearing Loss is a sad, sad thing, and those of us who can hear every little pin drop…

…take it all for granted.

I always talk passionately about hearing protection when I am doing my safety training classes.

So, I was a tad sensitive going in…

…and Joni Mitchell’s ‘Both Sides Now’ was prominently featured.

It was song so beautifully.

I looked over at Kathy at a highly emotional part and she was crying.

“Why you crying?” I asked.

“Shut-up,” she said.

Five minutes later, I was doing my best not to sob all over the living room.

I was just praying that she didn’t look over…

…but she didn’t cause she was still crying.

Beautiful song…

…wonderful movie…

…and for anyone out there working insurance…

…hearing aids should be covered!

They aren’t a luxury item.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie