Tiger!

I didn’t think there was any possible way that we’d ever hear about Tiger Woods playing in another major golf event.

No way!

His leg was destroyed. They were talking about possibly amputating his leg.

On that day when he lost control of his car and crashed, I felt sad.

If watched him hit so many crazy shots, and win so many great matches.

Certainly the greatest golfer I’d ever seen…

…but he was done.

He played the first round of the Masters yesterday and was one under par for the round.

Unbelievable.

“He’ll never finish,” a golf buddy of mine said at one of the job sites.

“Those dudes are built differently,” I said.

Of course I have watched the rise and fall and rise and fall and rise of Tiger since the start.

I have really wanted to like him, but had a hard time watching the documentary of his career. It’s not for me to judge him, but as they recounted his marital troubles and his weeks in Vegas away from his kids, I had trouble truly liking him.

But that doesn’t matter!

All eyes are on him every time he picks up a club and no matter what he’s suffered through in his personal life…

…I find myself rooting for him on the course.

Because he’s an amazing player and as mentally tough as you can be in a sport that demands mental toughness.

One under after not playing for so long and for nearly losing a limb.

I’ll be rooting for him.

And so will millions of others.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie