Is This the Day?

I like to wake up a half hour before I get out of bed to go over things in my head.

It’s kind of like the ‘half hour of hope’ as the plan formulates on the day.

I find myself hoping for things and wondering if this is the day when it all comes together.

Is this the day when the outside temperature rises above 40?

I’m not quite sure!

Is this the day when the Yankees win their 3rd straight and they finally appear capable of scoring double digit runs?

I’ll know early as it’s an afternoon game that I will listen to on the radio. They’re still playing in the frigid Northeast though where it hurts to actually hit the ball.

Is this the day when I won’t hear bad news about a friend, cousin, relative or work buddy?

Seems like it’s been every other day with a health scare or tragic early death. Life has been weird since Covid started.

Is this the day when I will sail through my work assignments with ease and feel satisfied at the end of the day?

No.

Running lean here. Seems the more I get done, the more I have left to do.

Is this the day?

It’s an amazing concept and one that brings hope to one’s heart.

I’m glad to still be asking that question because there are a lot of people who don’t see the point in wondering.

I’m really hoping that it gets above 40 degrees…

…and the Yankees one too.

I’ll settle for those two things today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie