Happy Easter!

Wasn’t quite ready for a white Easter, but here we are!

We worked on the dinner menu and I spent some time thinking about God and religion and all those days spent in church during Holy Week back in my altar boy days.

Stations of the Cross.

The long Palm Sunday reading where I thought it was cruel and inhumane to have to stand that long.

I drove through the hills near my childhood home on Good Friday and thought about every residence that I passed. 

There was my little league ball field in Langford. The Johnson House where we went for ten cent wings in high school. Passed the golf course where we learned to play the game.

And I could tell you who lived in each home back about 40 years ago.

Some of those people have passed on.

Way too fast.

All

Of it.

But Easter speaks of rising again.

Redemption.

Right through the blanket of snow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie