Got Up & Went

Things went according to planned on Sunday night.

I fell asleep at the usual time, which is somewhere between 10 & 11, and I thought I slept all right, but I woke up at the usual time - between 5:30 and 06:00 - and I was groggy.

I immediately thought of a conversation between Barney Rubble and Fred Flintstone.

“Come on, Barney!” Fred said. “Where’s your get up and go?”

“It got up and went,” Barney said.

And that line and the grogginess hung around most of the morning.

What’s off about life these days is that I finally got my blood work done and the doc called to tell me that my glucose was high.

So, I haven’t been eating a hell of a lot!

I’m not sure what is good to eat - carbs are definitely the culprit but the bakery that opened near the house has sponge Candy cheesecake.

So…anywhoha…

I felt good until they told me and now I feel sluggish!

But I pressed on.

“How’s it going?” I asked the first guy I saw at the first site.

“It’s Monday,” he answered. “It’s still about 35 degrees and it’s grey out. How you think it’s going?”

I told him about feeing worn down and he laughed. He’s about my age.

“Dude, we’re late 50’s now. We should be alarmed when we wake up feeling great.”

Thought of Barney and Fred again.

Barney had a great laugh.

Was always good with the one-liners, and drove Fred crazy.

But hell, even Barney felt a little off now and again.

More 40 degree days coming!

I want to golf!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie