Mulch & Holes & the Freaking Sun!

The high on this coming Wednesday is listed at 43.

It’ll be in the low 30’s when I rise.

So, we ain’t out of the woods yet, but yesterday morning I made my way to the car without a jacket or even a hoodie.

The sun was shining!

As I took Paris around the block I looked at my front yard which has been absolutely ravaged by the winter. 

I made a decision. Off to Home Depot.

I grabbed 10 bags of black mulch and 5 bags of top soil. Later in the day I went back for 10 more bags of mulch.

I’ve always enjoyed that kind of work. I absolutely love the transformation and the clean look.

Problem being, that work no longer loves me. I took a long break and we watched a movie.

Sciatica was barking at me…

…and so were the animals.

They moved all around the backyard, making their voices heard as the other neighborhood dogs also emerged from their homes.

They were all asleep on the floor for a little while too.

There were six holes in the backyard, courtesy of Oliver. He is a stereotypical pooch as he likes to bury his bones.

We had a long discussion about it as I dumped the top soil and patted it all down.

At 8 p.m., I went out and swept the driveway and cleared some leaves.

Then the absolute best moment since early February…

…I took the driver out of my bag and took a half dozen practice swings.

We have a 9:10 tee time.

It can snow on Monday, I suppose.

I’ll be sore anyways!

I’m going to hit the first one down the middle!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie