NOT GILBERT TOO!!!

 

I was deeply saddened by the loss of Norm McDonald.

This one might hurt even more!

Gilbert was a constant guest on Howard Stern back about 20 years ago. He would get going with Artie Lange, and I’m telling you, I didn’t want to get out of the car.

Every time he made me laugh to the point of it hurting.

And if Gilbert was on a panel for a roast, forget about it. It didn’t matter who else was on the panel…

…he crushed it.

He was absolutely filthy.

Didn’t care.

He got fired from his job as a spokesman from an insurance company because he told jokes that were deemed insensitive after a natural disaster.

Which was ridiculous because Gilbert didn’t have a malicious bone in his body.

The other comics told a lot of jokes about Gilbert taking the soap and shampoo from every hotel room he ever stayed in.

He once told an ethnic joke about an Asian that made me spit my coffee all over my windshield.

Then I told it to my Asian buddy and we have laughed about the same joke for the last 20 years.

Maybe we’ve lost Norm and Louie Anderson and Bob Saget and Gilbert because it’s becoming next to impossible to tell a joke.

Howard stopped inviting Gilbert onto his show because Howard was becoming more sensitive to what his audience should hear.

I wasn’t a fan of that decision, but Gilbert wasn’t about to change to protect anyone’s feelings.

He was a funny, funny man.

Maybe the funniest ever.

Thank God his best moments are on tape, but 67 is way too young…

…he became a Dad late in life.

Incredible voice. Brilliant guy.

Damn.

I’m going to miss him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie