Ten Years Burning Down the Road

Ever since I heard Born in the U.S.A. back in 1983 I have thought about the one line in the song:

"Ten years burning down the road, got nowhere to run, nowhere to go."

I often think ahead.

Through the years I've always set milestones out there.

Where do I want to be?

What do I want to accomplish?

A lot of people don't think too far ahead, and that drives me nuts.

If you use the lefty reliever for six outs on Tuesday, you can't use him again until Friday!

You have to plan ahead.

Do you flush three games to win one?

Anywhoha...

Lately I've been thinking about ten years burning down the road.

I'll be an unfathomable 62 and a half years old. (God Willing).

Will I be walking okay?

Right now I'm getting used to the fact that I can not go more than 14 days without a leg and hip massage.

The rest of the massage is out the window...it takes the full hour to get my legs moving.

I've grown used to it.

Will I still be able to climb ladders?

Will we afford the healthcare?

The crazy idea that rates have to be raised on people between 50 and 64 is concerning to me.

We went without Kathy's health insurance as a nurse a few years ago. We had to pay double our house payment for coverage.

Double our house payment!

We will most likely need to be covered during the ten years coming up.

There are people who lost every dollar of their financial future due to an illness. Doesn't seem fair to work your whole life...and bam!

At 62, at the very least I'll be considering retirement...

Will the retirement age be 80 by the time I get there?

Lots of elderly people working as greeters at Wal-Mart these days.

I don't think I'd make much of a greeter.

Ten years burning down the road.

Nowhere to run?

Nowhere to go?

Ah hell.

Take 'em as they come, right?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie